Tuesday, May 15, 2007

COOKING

Last week, one of the ward members asked me to whip up a double batch of choclote chips cookies and roll 8 balls and line them up on a square sheet of tinfoil. I was to make 12 logs of 8 balls squished together. But the week went by so fast that I didn't have time to make them until Saturday. I got them done. She came by and collected the frozen logs and gave me one in turn with a lesson on fire safety. I recieved the recipe for a single batch and a double batch. The cookies turned out quite tasty so here are both recipies for you. I am not sure if you need to do what I did with putting the cookies in the freezer. But I think that you could make them and cook them that same day.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES DOUBLED

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
21/2 cups oatmeal
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
makes 4 dz single batch

No comments: